Please contact the Training Center Office with questions! 262-574-6995
Our Apprenticeship programs combine hands-on training with on-the-job experience. The "earn as you learn" apprenticeships provide opportunities that offer lifelong careers with family supporting wages and benefits. Union members must work hard, be reliable, and show up on time every day.
Apprentices will receive on-the-job training from Union Contractors and will attend instruction (craft specific) at the SE WI Carpentry Training Center one week per quarter.
To qualify for an apprenticeship, you must:
1. Be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
2. Have a high school diploma, G.E.D., or H.S.E.D
3. Have taken the ACT or Accuplacer within 5 years from the date of application or take
the Accuplacer to complete your application
4. Be able to pass a drug test
5. Meet the physical and performance demands of the job
Graduates will have earned nearly $270,000 in wages, fringe benefits, health insurance, pension and education by the end of the Apprenticeship Program.
The apprenticeship program typically lasts four years, about the same as a college degree. However, when you've completed the program you'll be earning more than many college graduates and there will be no loans to pay off! You get paid to learn and your training is free.
1. Request an application packet online (see form included on this page) or available via office pick up Monday through Friday, between 8am and 3:30pm
2. Bring all required documentation to Training Center Office
3. Complete pre-screen drug test
4. Take on Union membership
After all of these previous steps have been completed, you will receive further information on in school training schedules and you are on your way to beginning your career!!